This weeks Trifextra goes a lil’ something like:
“Full disclosure: we’re going a bit weird on you with this weekend’s short prompt. Trifecta editor Lisa has a son who just lost his first tooth. In honor of such a creepy event, we want you to write a 33-word response that uses the word tooth. Your response can use any definition of the word but cannot tell the story of someone losing a tooth. (Because we just told that story, and it was pretty boring the first time.)”
This is an incredibly fun, challenging challenge …It’s only 33 word..so take on my challenge…challenging the 33 inside you.
Here are my 33:
Hold on Tightly:
Awakened by sweaty screams.
recalling tearing flesh of dreams.
Gasping, right hand grasping
hanging from a neck chain
His left, feeling ripped flesh of his chest
as he writhed in pain.
(Photo credit: @Doug88888)
- Trifextra: Combat (lucidedit.wordpress.com)
- oral tradition (thematticuskingdom.wordpress.com)
- The Collector (jamesmender.wordpress.com)
- Trifextra: Week Eighty – Tooth (ashortaday.wordpress.com)
- Trifextra: Week Eighty (highfiveandraspberries.wordpress.com)
- Tooth – Trifextra Week 80 (gabriellaswritingcorner.wordpress.com)