First off, a wish for my blogging family…may this holiday fill your heart so full it’s bursting at the seams with gratitude and joy.
Now for the “Plucking” Trifecta fun….here is this weeks prompt …it’s a “Plucking” good time to click the link and join in!
“And now for this week’s prompt.
PLUCK: (transitive verb)
1: to pull or pick off or out
2 a : to remove something (as hairs) from by or as if by plucking <pluck one’s eyebrows>
b : rob, fleece
3: to move, remove, or separate forcibly or abruptly <plucked the child from the middle of the street>
4 a : to pick, pull, or grasp at
b : to play by sounding the strings with the fingers or a pick”
Here is my bit:
He stood tempted by shadows of her hands
as they reached upward .
She paused, flashing a sideways grin that said..
Before his heart had a moment to choose
he saw her shadow
ripping from its rightful place
the forbidden one.
He stiffened as she bit.
Sweet nectar running down her chin.
Her eyes opened wide, then squinted as her arm outstretched in offer.
You can’t change the past.
The Heart wants what the Heart wants.
So it was written.
- Kitten poster (Trifecta challenge) (ignoringsoundadvice.wordpress.com)
- Commitment (katiekurtzblogs.wordpress.com)
- Through loving eyes – Trifecta Challenge (polysyllabicprofundities.com)
- A Modern Day Fairy Tale (consciouscacophony.wordpress.com)
- He (thinkerscap.wordpress.com)
- The Rose (highfiveandraspberries.wordpress.com)
- Plucked (pinionpost.com)